Taylor's University Lakeside Campus

Computer Application

This module is about generating Computer 3-Dimensional drawings. Students were given lectures and tutorials to experiment with the software. The aim of this module is to develop student skills in 3D max and to introduce the modelling application of Rhinoceros. Students must upload their working progress on their Working In Progress (WIP) regularly which serves as a communication and mutual learning platform. 

Project 1: Modelling of an Architectural Design 
Students are required to choose one building or their Design Studio 2 project and gather the necessary information about the building, like floor plan, sections and elevations. Then, we need to produce a complete model of this building using either 3D Max or Rhinoceros without materials and lighting.

For me, I chose my Design Studio 2 Final Project, Pantai Kerachut Retreat as my building. I managed to produce my 3D model using Rhinoceros and I took screen shots of my progress work and I uploaded it to my WIP as a progress evidence.

Below are the outcomes of my 3D-modelling without materials and lighting.









Project 2: Still Rendering with Materials, Lights, Camera Views with Site Context
In this project, students are required to produce photorealistic still rendering of their selected design with materials, suitable camera views and post-production enhancement on the visual outcome. The type of lights used and effect used to set up the scene will enhance the visual outcome.

For project 2, I learned how to import my drawing files from Rhinoceros to 3D Max and I managed to handle the 3D scene using layers. I used appropriate materials, lighting, camera views and site context to to produce a photorealistic rendering. In the end, I used  Photoscape and Adobe Photoshop to enhance the visualization effect of my rendering. Also, I uploaded my working process weekly on my WIP.

Scene 1: Eye level view

Scene 2: Eye level view

Scene 3: Worm's eye view

Living Hall
                           

Dining Hall & Kitchen

Bedroom



Project 3: A maximum 90 seconds Animation of the Completed 3D Scene
Continue from Project 2, students need to produce a maximum 90s Animation of the completed 3D scene using 3D Max's animations tools and commands. It involves simple video editing through the use of Windows Movie Maker, iMove and Adobe After Effects.

Because of time constraints, I did not manage to render my animation in high quality but I managed to produce a photorealistic animation renders. I kept my animation simple as I want to show it's simplicity and the interior quality of it. Thus my animation is basically showing spaces inside the building. Also, I chose a very relaxing and calm song to enhance the feeling and message I want to convey through this animation. Lastly, same as project 1 and 2, I updated my WIP weekly to show my working progress for this project.

Here is the link to my WIP:

Below is my animation. Hope you enjoy.



0 comments: